Thanks for tuning in, and playing in the first ever Time Warp March Madness Bracket! This is the first in a series of articles that are designed to give you some insight into how your bracket will be scored. We hope you had as much fun filling out your brackets as we did determining the winners. Remember, this is all for fun, if you see match up you disagree with, feel free to let us know! The bracket is set and the rulings are complete, but we would love to hear the case you can make for your favorite characters! Without Further adieu, our Sweet 16!
- Thor v Black Bolt
- We open with one of our most divisive Match-Ups on the whole board. If Black Bolt had made it past Thor, he might have made it all the way, but with Jane Foster’s improved control over the dynamic Mjolnir, she takes the victory.
- Golden Gail v Spider-Gwen
- Spider-Gwen’s inter-dimensional hi-jinks are no match for Golden Gail’s temper.
- Beast Boy v Flash
- A cheetah? A peregrine falcon? No animal Gar can call on will stand up to the Flash’s speed.
- Captain Marvel v Super-girl
- We at Time Warp comics are big fans of the Girl from Krypton, but Captain Danvers’ extensive experience allows her to pull down the W.
- Dr. Strange v Raven
- He’s not called The Master of the Mystic arts for nothing.. Dr. Strange takes the win.
- Sabrina v Scarlet Witch
- Scarlet Witch has faced far bigger threats than Sabrina without blinking an eye.. The teen witch is no match for her.
- Rondel v Marko
- In what must have been the most low down and dirty, know down brawl of a battle of the Mystics first round, Marko calls on his space fairing experience to get a leg up on ‘ol Rondel.
- Ghost Rider v Constantine
- Constantine would have no problem putting down any old demon, but Ghost Rider isn’t any old Demon.
- Nightwing v Moon Knight
- Moon Knight is an excellent fighter, but he wasn’t trained by the Bat.
- Black Panther v Robin
- Damian Wayne is one of the DC universe’s fastest rising stars, and in time, may be able to take the Panther, but not today.
- Hawkman v Metalhead
- Hawkman’s has centuries of battle experience, Metalhead has a computer for a brain. What ultimately throws the win in Hawkman’s favor is the ruthlessness and ferocity he has no problem unleashing on a robot.
- Lark v Debbie Decay
- The most street savvy student that Batman has had in years has no problem shutting down a Debbie Decay who hasn’t quite reached her full potential.
- Groot v Squirrel Girl
- Our oddest match up yet is decided before the battle even begins! Groot has a natural affinity for bushy tailed critters, and any day Squirrel girl can chalk up a win under friendship is a good day for her.
- Howard the Duck v Boone Diaz
- Howard often relies on the element of surprise to overwhelm his opponents, but after years in the Ether, nothing surprises Boone.
- Cap America v America Chavez
- Partly out of respect for Sam Wilson, partly because she just couldn’t be bothered to stick around in the bracket, America bows out to give Cap the win.
- Zombie Jughead v Carl
- The ultimate zombie hunter versus the ultimate zombie leaves Carl bit.